If you are excited to know more about chia seeds, this article will serve the purpose. Chia seeds are among the healthiest things on the planet, full of nutrition are chia seeds benefits are immense.
Chia is known to be an edible seed that is found in the desert plant of Salvia Hispanica mainly from MEXICO. If you are considering weight loss aid therapy, chia is the best solution. Moreover, it is considered to be unprocessed and whole-grain food.
Chia seeds Nutrition:
Nutrition is immense with low calories. 28gms of serving, of chia seeds, will have the following. Basically, Chia seeds Nutrition data is summarised:
- Fiber: 11 Grams, Proteins: 19 Grams, T. Fat: 0 Grams, Calcium: 100%
Chia seeds nutrition labels also consist of a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2. Chia seeds calories are near about 40 calories.
Let’s, look at the amazing health benefits of Chia:
Chia Seeds Benefits for Weight Loss:
You must be wondering does chia really helps in weight loss? Yes, it contains almost 10 grams of fiber and that is about 40% of the diet intake. Food rich in fiber helps in weight loss.
2. Chia Benefits for Skin and Acne:
It is a great source of Omega-3 which helps in reducing blemishes with the help of a chia mask. It also helps to protect the outer layer of the skin from dirt and bacteria.
3. Chia Seeds Benefit Acid Reflux:
If you are looking for relief from Acid Reflux, Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 and other important nutrients to serve the purpose.
4. Chia Seeds Memory Benefits:
According to the research, if the body intake has less amount of Omega -3 fatty acids, which is directly linked to age-related cognitive disease and inflammation-reducing quality is what chia is known for and it is high in fiber.
5. Chia Seeds Benefits for Baby:
Since Chia is also known as gentle and soft food, we usually consider it for babies. They can include this as their first meal.
6. Chia Seeds Benefit in Blood Pressure:
Several studies are conducted so far on the chia benefits in blood pressure. Researchers have found that if chia is taken on a continual basis for 12 weeks, it can help in decreasing blood pressure, this has also resulted in the thinning of the blood.
7. Chia Seeds Benefit for Hair:
They are made of 23% of protein and are perfect to thicken the hair when infused with the help of a mask. Since Sabja/Chia seeds are essentially rich in iron, Vitamin K and proteins that help the hair to grow and shine.
8. Chia Seeds Benefit Brain:
Brain is said to be an integral part of the body and hence regular intake of chia seeds will help the brain function holistically and provides the required amount of nutrients. Another necessary important thing that – Chia seeds provide the brain with ALA omega fatty acids, (Omega-3 and Omega-6 to be exact.) These fatty acids can increase memory, concentration, and learning in those who suffer from ADHD.
9. Chia Seeds Benefit in Cancer:
Since they are rich n lignans, these seeds are also rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 fatty acids found in many plant foods. Hence, it is anti-cancer food that helps in limiting breast and cervical cancer cells.
10. Chia Seeds Benefit for Constipation:
They are like gel –substance when they absorb water which also helps in stool formation, keeping it moist and easy to pass.
11. Chia Seeds Benefit in Diabetes:
They are rich in anti-oxidants, omega 3 fatty acids which helps in reducing type-2 diabetes and complications.
12. Chia Seeds Benefit Libido:
They are rich in protein, fiber, iron, zinc (good for testosterone), which helps in boosting stamina and helps in circulation.
13. Chia Seeds Benefit Menopause:
Women when given chia seeds for regularly seven weeks, it results in a 138% increase in blood ALA levels and a 30% increase in EPA blood levels.
14. Chia Seeds Benefit for Psoriasis:
As western diets are low in omega 3 fatty acids, specific foods and food supplements rich in omega 3 fatty acids could help improve the symptoms of psoriasis.
15. Chia Seeds in Milk:
There is a golden rule for Chia seeds pudding 3 tablespoons chia seeds to 1 cup of milk ratio, and you can stick to that with the help of this drink.
How Much Chia Seeds Per Day?
Many of us are actually wondering what is the right mix of chia seeds? What is the right amount? So, studies say that 20 grams (1.5 tablespoons will serve the purpose- can be taken twice) a day.
How to Eat Chia Seeds?
You can have an intake of chia seeds in any form be it milk, pudding or oats. You just need to mix it well and retain a slight crunch.
Side Effects Of Chia Seeds:
There may be certain allergies also of Chia Seeds- namely Allergies, Stomach, and Gastric Problems.
Let’s look at Recipes that can be made through CHIA Seeds to keep you healthy and Energetic:
- CHIA SEEDS ALMOND SHAKE: This is something called a healthy snack where you need almond milk, some chia seeds and honey mix to it. (Sweeteners are put as per the choice). Dry fruits or chocolate chips are spread to it- make it rich in taste and look. 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 1 Cup of Almond milk.
- CHIA PUDDING: You may need cocoa powder and chia seeds with milk and get it to freeze overnight. This will have a rich taste of chocolate. This comes best when served with the desired toppings. Which may include such as fruit, granola, or coconut whipped cream. Just one serving that looks like ice-cream can make your day.